A quote I saw once stated “If you don’t build your own dreams, someone else will hire you to help build theirs.”
Profound and true.
The question of the day… how often do you invest in yourself?
It amazes me how many people I encounter that are not living out their dreams and how at one point in my life this was also me. In a world where we work, work, work… your dreams can become the back burner to your daily life. But the truth is, when we live this way of working and not fulfilling our dreams, we truly are not living… we are just existing.
I’ve coached many and when we approach this question, many have shared they have struggled fulfilling their dreams because of life responsibilities and needing to make money to survive. Trust me, I have been in this same place also but I will also transparently share, once I made the decision to quiet the hamster wheel of life and actually LIVE… it was the best decision I’ve made thus far. I travel the world, live on my own terms and experience overflowing happiness.
How do you get there you ask? Well here are 5 tips to Invest In You and start living out your dreams.
1. Know your purpose! When you know your purpose it becomes easier to create a plan to execute it. Find out your purpose by seeking God during prayer and meditation asking what are you here to do. You can also ask yourself thought provoking questions to find out what you LOVE to do no matter if you are being paid or not… this will bring you closer to your purpose.
2. Do it in bite-size chunks. You will feel you are moving closer and closer to your God-given purpose if EACH DAY, you do something toward becoming who you are destined to be. This is how you INVEST in you! Examples include, studying more of the craft you want to perfect… writing if you say you are a writer… or even researching the role models in the field you want to pursue to gain inspiration and learnings.
3. Reflect on the small steps. When you reflect on the small steps you are taking toward your goals, this will empower you to continue moving forward.
4. Kick fear in the face!! Don’t be afraid to take the quantum leap! It will be a life changer and you may see some struggles along the way but the end result is happiness greater than you can currently imagine.
5. Reward yourself! When you take the quantum leap or even the baby steps each day then reflect on what you’ve accomplished… reward yourself for being bold enough to go in the direction of your dreams.
If you like these tips but feel you need more coaching to accomplish, reach out to me Your Confidence Coach for a FREE 30 minute consultation and we will conquer this together!
You can also choose to get more intensive training by attending our E3Retreats in the fall in Costa Rica! Click ——-> HERE <——– for more info!