Modest is the new sexy!
The bare-it-all is truly over-rated and although there is greatness in the woman who is comfortable in her own skin, there is equal greatness in those that can show sexiness without the need to bare it all.
Did you know there was such a thing? Let me share how to do that.
Sexy is shown though:
- The eyes – SMIZE!!! (Tyra-ism which means to smile with your eyes)
- Smile on your face! A smile is so welcoming, warm, enchanting and yes even sexy at times. Keeping your lips exfoliated, soft and kissable along with your teeth properly cared for… get a brighter whiter smile ladies (and gents) and then add the right shade of lipstick and welcome sexy! Some top choices for lip colors are the right nude for you and red. A red lip is always sexy!
3. The Hair – How you wear your hair can be sexy as well and it will not require you to be barely there either.
4. Create it with Color – All black dress with a pop of red, wearing all red or maybe even wearing the royal color purple can showcase sexiness.
5. Own YOUR style. when you confidently wear whatever your choose, sexiness can equate to it simply because you believe you are. Below are some modest fashionistas (1. Anam Shahid 2. Nadira Abdul Quddus) that have great style and can also be considered sexy.
What are some ways you showcase sexiness without baring it all?
With my birthday 5 days away, I’m thinking of ways to reinvent my style for the new year. I decided to dedicate this Wear it Wednesday to “Ways to Reinvent your Look” with hopes to inspire you as well as get some feedback from you. Be sure to share other ways you choose to reinvent your look if it’s not listed below.
Anytime I think about reinventing my look the first place I go to is my hair!
I think cutting your hair or changing the color can be so liberating and it will change your attitude and look instantly!
Some styles and colors I’ve considered are:
Every time I look at Tanika Ray‘s hair, I release the cut bug and want to continue on my hair growth journey.
Another way to reinvent your look is to focus on your skin. Taking care of your skin and creating a skin routine is one of the best things you can do for yourself. You older self will thank you!
Over the past 3 years I’ve become addicted to Chanel products for my daily facial routine. I will say, I do believe in using different moisturizers for different seasons and even day versus night. Taking care of your skin will definitely reinvent your look.
Also… I do believe in keeping my lips kissable! Be sure to try out my lip scrub and lip balm duo! Purchase by clicking HERE or on the photo!
Try a new hue….. step out the black box and try something new.
Simply by adding on the accessories can reinvent your look!
Lastly I think of releasing the makeup or trying something new with it. I’m not one to wear it but when I do, I try to keep it fresh. But how cool would it be to do something unexpected?!
What are some ways you will reinvent your look?
This is my FAVORITE time of the year! The brink of fall and the beauty of New York Fashion Week!
One of my favorite people in the world Diane von Furstenberg shared her spring line at NYFW and it was completely joyful. I planned to share my my top 10 looks from this line but I cannot choose! I decided to instead, share the replay video for you to view on your own.
BTW… Kendall is truly making a name for herself!
And I love DVF choosing the ravishing Naomi Campbell to close the show!