Don’t fall for the traps of social media, magazines and television that states there is a specific kind of beauty. You are uniquely beautiful, made in His image and He doesn’t make any mistakes. Love who you are! Know your worth! Accept your flaws and don’t let go!
Original post from E3Retreats!
How often do you just sit back, relax and dream? Dream of where you would like to be in 5 years, 1 year, or even in the next 5 months? So many times we become so busy with daily routine that we forget the importance of dreaming!
When we give ourselves time to dream, we open ourselves to the possibility of more… the possibility of seeing our lives in a different light and that can increase the will and want to go after what we dream about!
There is infinite possibilities each and every day for you to chase your dreams and live out your purpose. It’s up to you to take charge!
Remember… you have a unique gift that the world needs so why not share it?! What is that thing you once dreamed of becoming as a child? Did you follow your dreams or were you sidetracked? As long as you are still alive, you still have time to make those dreams come true!
If you need help in reviving your dreams, join E3Retreats this fall in Galveston, Tx for a weekend retreat filled with daily life coaching and meditation with Coach K, fitness and nutrition training with Coach G and meals prepared by our private chef!
You don’t want to miss this! Only $50 to reserve your spot!
We hope to see you there!
I absolutely LOVED this article on Self Help Socialite by that I had to share!
You can view the original post here.
“The moment you decide you’re ready to start your own business and work for yourself, is absolutely thrilling! There is the wave of possibilities, ideas, and most of all freedom. But once the buzz of excitement settles, the daunting doubts and fears arise. How will I actually make money? How will people find me? Am I really good enough to make this happen?
For every triumph, it’s natural for concerns to follow suit. Whether starting a new business or stuck in an overwhelming cycle of entrepreneurship, it’s valid to have the highs and lows, however it’s all about how you choose to look at it. The setbacks you encounter can be perceived as a challenge to keep you small or as an opportunity to set you forth into greater knowledge and expansion.
Whether looking to transition from your full time job or exploring new ways to elevate your business, I can’t wait to share 4 strategies to boost your brand and allow your confidence to soar along the way!
1) Have a plan.
Sure, it sounds simple enough, but however detailed are the next steps you’re taking with your business? It’s easy for us to conjure up the big picture of what we want, however trying to actually get there is where we get overwhelmed and scattered.
Create the ideal vision of your business and start to scale backwards, step by step.
It’s more manageable to catch up to your goals when you have smaller ones leading up to it.
2) Be okay with your plan taking a new turn.
After creating a structured plan, leave some space for other opportunities to be presented too!
Sometimes we get so focused on what we think we want, that we don’t actually see that there may be another way.
Be open to a potential new venture and explore what it is about you and your business that is enticing to the prospect client/situation. Notice if it feels energetically aligned. If so, how can you implement this into your plan going forward?
3) Create a menu.
One of the reasons why my business struggled initially was because I was being too confined on my offerings.
When I broadened my services, my clientele grew as well!
To explore what else you’re able to do, create 3 lists; the first of everything you’re good at or have training in and the second of what you absolutely love to do. Start to mix and match and use the third list to write out offerings that you feel confident people would want and are willing to pay for. Find a cohesive thread that makes it easy to talk about having multiple services with potential clients or while networking that demonstrates variety without feeling scattered or misaligned.
4) Find your people.
Building an audience that you love and loves you back is a key aspect of your business. So where do you find them? Social media is a great platform to build a following, however if your message isn’t consistent and relatable, you’ll just be another avatar taking up space in the social media ethers. Ask yourself, what part of your business provides the most value? When people reach out to you, what do they want to know most? Use this information to lock in the expertise that you can put out.
People love clear and fast content that relates directly to them!
For example, you can create a Facebook group that engages people in your field of knowledge, create Instagram posts that inspire or even jump on Periscope to discuss how to solve a particular point! The more you connect with others that appreciate what you do, the more your confidence will accelerate and you’ll have more faith in the work you are doing.
The biggest key factor in starting your own business is to start today!
We often don’t get where we want with our business because we are spending too much time for everything to “line up”. Staying still or waiting creates a stuckness, which leaves us feeling stagnant and discouraged.
Starting where you’re at, even if it’s one small step, creates movement and builds momentum. It’s also in that motion that you are provided with clarity and guidance as to where to move next!
In the spirit of the present moment, what’s one small takeaway from this piece that you could start right now? I’d love to hear from you on exactly where you’re getting stuck and support you in taking action!”
Hope you enjoyed! Share your thoughts below!
Who are you? A question that I’ve witnessed plague so many due to insecurities, disappointments, and unfulfilled goals/dreams. But did you know that you can speak words that hold power and can literally change your life if you are open to it?
The tongue is the most powerful tool on your body… use it to your advantage! Discover the power of starting your day saying “I Am” and fill in the blank after those words to describe who you desire to be if you are currently non there.
Try it and share your experience below. Remember… You are what you say you are so give some self-love and speak greatness!
Per my E3Retreats Blog:
Yes it’s true! When you try something new or have group support, your fitness rises to the next level. Think about it! Have you ever taken a yoga class or bootcamp? When you are working along side other fellow #fitbuds, it pushes you to go a little further, stretch just a little bit more and try a little harder. You are guaranteed to walk away with your fitness game being moved to the next level!
Sign up today to receive the Limited Time Only Special PROMOTIONAL Offer!
What are you waiting for??? Click the button below and secure your spot today:
See you in Costa Rica!
Are you pursuing what excites you? If not, why?
No more excuses… life is too short to be living anything less than extraordinary so if you are not awakening with excitement to fulfill your purpose and living a life a passion, you are not fully living.
Let’s make today and each day after the days we live to be our BEST SELVES!
P.S. If you are looking for a rockstar confidence coach to assist you in living your best self, hit me up for a FREE consultation and let’s pursue what excites you together!
Click —–> HERE <—–
With my 28 Days to Confidence FREE Workshop kicking off February 1st, I’m dedicating this Tuesday TEN to how confidence will benefit you and why it’s important to build up yours!
It’s been stated when you experience a lack of confidence, it may stop you from striving for what you want. But when you possess confidence, you abandon worry, hesitation and, more importantly, you side-step fear. The focus here is on your whole being, every part of you; your thoughts, the images in your mind, your emotions, and ultimately your behavior and the actual outcomes in your life.
Below are benefits of what Confidence will do for you!
1. Happiness! When you are confident with yourself and with the life you are living, troubles may come yes… but your happiness will still stand strong. It’s been stated confident people are happier than the average.
2. Greater Success = More Money! – yes it’s true… the more confident you are the more rewards you will reap professionally which includes making the top dollars. Dr. Maya Angelou was once interviewed and asked to share her one tip of confidence for women… this is what she said: “Well first, there are some things a woman must do for herself. Admit who you are and where you are and how you are to yourself. You don’t have to do that to anyone else. But admit who you are to yourself. Have enough courage. And say, [if it’s the case] ‘I am overweight. I am underweight. I’m not using my time intelligently. I’m not getting enough rest. I’m not having enough fun. I’m not reading enough. I’m not learning enough.’ And say it to yourself. Make notes to yourself so you can improve yourself. It’s very important. It’s important because then you give off an aura of competence and people are more reluctant to take advantage of you if you appear to be competent.” Read more HERE
3. Worry Less – Take a little lesson from the movie over a decade old…1994 hit Disney film Lion King... Hakuna Matata… It means no worries. A meerkat and warthog, a weird combination for friends confidently taught Simba to forget his troubled past and live proudly in the moment. What a great lesson in confidence. When you are more confident with who you are, you tend to worry less. You simply trust your decisions, live in the moment and accept whatever life hands you in the moment.
4. Get heard! Confidence allows you to get yourself heard. You will speak more eloquently, a little more stern and confidently with whatever words chosen which demands attention to be paid regardless if the listeners agree or disagree with the points shared.
5. Become more attractive and have great sex appeal – I remember in early 2000’s when Jermaine Dupri was dating Janet Jackson and so many people would say… “How did he get her?” These statements were made insinuating the difference in the physical look as Jermaine Dupri looked liked the average guy to many but the truth behind it is, confidence of a person will stand out way more than their looks or lack there of and Janet saw more in him than society did.
6. Networking with a breeze – Confidence will allow you to release the fear of meeting new people which is a benefit for both personal and professional. Personally because meeting new people can lead to great friendships and even an amazing love relationship that you’ve been waiting on. Professionally as if you network freely with no hesitation it could lead to promotions within your current company, opportunities for other companies seeking someone with your particular skill or even growth in clientele for your own business.
7. So much freakin’ fun! With the benefits listed above it leads to more fun for the confident person. The less you worry, no longer care what people think of you, become more attractive, network and build more relationships, the more fun you will have. You become okay with laughing at yourself aloud and learn not to take things too seriously… oh how much fun your life will be!
8. Prioritize self-care. Confidence leads to you understanding what is needed for you and this will jumpstart true care for yourself. You understand this does not mean you are selfish but more caring of yourself even more so than you are for others. Whether its monthly massages, energy boosting yoga daily or knowing when and how to proudly say no to those things that may drain you… you will confidently prioritize self-care.
9. Increase your performance – The more confident you are, the more you will increase performance to going after your dreams. Whether an athlete, motivational speaker, promoter, actor or entrepreneur, truth is the more confident you are in yourself, the more you will work on perfecting your craft to becoming the best. Think Michael Jordan or Denzel Washington or Les Brown or Steve Jobs or Michael Jackson or Oprah… all individuals known for perfecting their craft to be the best in a particular craft.
10. Kick fear in the face! Remember this TGIM video “Focus on what your purpose is and be determined to fulfill it”… well, confidence will allow you to take that quantum leap into the purpose you are supposed to be living. Regardless if you have enough money in the bank, regardless of the naysayers, regardless of what it may look like to others, you will face your fears head on, master them and keep it moving.
If you would like FREE training on how to possess this type of confidence sign up for my 28 Days to Confidence. A 28 day guide of meditation, daily activities, affirmations and deeper understanding to becoming the confident person that you are supposed to be.
Confidence: the belief in oneself and one’s powers or abilities; self-confidence; self-reliance; assurance:
Confidence can contribute positively in your personal and professional life. Statistics state confident people are more successful, advance quickly in life and even have better relationships.
“Almost all successes and attainments in life come from your ability to feel certain that you can accomplish what you set out to achieve.”
If this is something you don’t currently posses and would like FREE Training to help you gain the confidence needed to go after your dreams, sign up today on Kisha’s Chic Lessons and share with a friend also. FREE WORKSHOP STARTS Feb 1st.
CLICK BELOW TO SIGN UP!
It’s a New Year which means we should make things new within our lives as well. This first Tuesday of 2015 I want to focus on how to keep yourself first.
With that, here at 10 ways to give back to yourself throughout this year with whatever you encounter. Remember, if you don’t take care and give to yourself, how can you ever fully give your best to others?
1. Make meditation a priority! Creating a daily routine that includes time to meditate, self-reflect and pray is one of the best things you can offer yourself. Whether its four minutes and twenty-five, there is always time in the day to dedicate to yourself for meditation, prayer and self-reflection. When you do this, it creates clarity. It also gives you a deeper meaning to life and you appreciate the moments of what are to come much more. Try it… I promise you won’t regret it!
Here is a great example of 4 minute meditation from one of my favorite people Rebekah Borucki BexLife:
2. Be childlike and play a little! Don’t take things to seriously. Be childlike and get outside to enjoy some play time. Ride a bike, roll down a hill, laugh until you cry, hell, laugh at yourself OUT LOUD… whatever it is, enjoy it as if there are no worries in the world just as children do. Some of my favorite moments are when I’m teaching my nieces and nephews how to turn cartwheels in the yard or playing games with them. It relieves so much stress.
3. Celebrate your success. Big promotion or small obstacle you’ve overcome like the fear of escalators… no matter the size of the success and no matter if others don’t see it as a success as you do, take the moment to celebrate it and tell yourself job well done. Remember, you do not need permission from anyone else to celebrate yourself!
4. Turn off from social media for a few hours a day. If you are bold enough make it a full day or even a week. Give yourself a break from the minutia of others lives they create on social media. Take a break from the drama. 🙂 I love the article about 7-day Smart Phone Detox from Popsugar! I think we as people forget we didn’t always have this accessibility… don’t become a slave to it.
5. Don’t take your phone to bed! This goes in hand with the previous way to give back to yourself. Sleep is a necessity… whatever the email, text and notifications from Facebook are can wait until the next day. ENJOY your bed time with a good book, the bible, soothing sounds of nothing and above all SLEEP!
6. Express yourself creatively. Dance, sing, perform at open mic, take a pottery making class, write or even paint an abstract canvas! Just do something at least once a week that allows you to tap into your creative side. There is no way you can stay stressed out if doing this. Art can be very therapeutic.
7. Detox when necessary! I believe in completing a health detox after holidays, sometimes once per season or whenever I feel my body needs it. Releasing toxins from your body is a BIG THANK YOU from your soul to your ears. You release stress and inherit peace. Detox is not just for removing addictions…detox is to purify your body from all impurities, stress, promote elimination from intestines and so much more. Check out more HERE.
8. Get a full body massage at least once a month. Depending on your daily life stress you may want to do more. While living in New York I would get my Thai Body Massage every other week and it relieved so much stress and revitalized me. (NOTE… you don’t have to break the bank for this service to yourself. Look into local massage schools where you can go and offer a donation to the students. They are learning but still great!)
9. Share why you are grateful each day! Create a grateful journal and write those things you are grateful for.
10. Pay attention to Posture. Simple yet most impactful way to give back to yourself. Trust, you will notice the difference in the way you feel, react, smile and deal with less stress with the straightening of your back.
These are my top ten but I would love to hear some of the those things you will do to give back to yourself.
When reflecting back on life and remembering when I truly started to enjoy life, take risks and even succeed professionally, I realize the greatness of living began with first loving myself. I started enjoying every moment of my life when I first started enjoying every moment of me!
Life… the existence of you which could be a daring adventure and new learnings or somewhat mundane. The beauty of it all is that as an adult, YOU possess the power to create it, exactly as you envision it. This means no matter of the situations you’ve encountered as a child and the multiple versions of non-love, YOU can change all of this with one simple step of first LOVING YOURSELF!
WHAT IS SELF-LOVE YOU ASK?
To answer this question, let me first tell you what it is not. Self-love is NOT tied to an ego, validation from others, narcissism or vanity. Self-love requires you knowing the value of yourself. Self-love is appreciating your uniqueness and your unique gift you have to offer to the world. It is the “regard for one’s own well-being and happiness.” Self-love is also humbling and is not weighed down with societies thoughts or their best-friends thoughts. Self-love embraces all imperfections perfectly and will not allow anyone to devalue them in any way.
Well the first step to this is to become accepting of who you are and what makes you uniquely you. In order to become accepting of those things, you must cancel out the things shared to you about you in the past and get to know yourself without the thoughts of others. When you get to know yourself, you start on the path of self-love. You begin to recognize who you are and then you can begin showing love to those things whether quirky, different, or consider flaws to other people.
Other steps to capture Self-Love are:
– Remove any guilt or shame of yourself
– Trust your intuition
– Get out your own way
– Remove toxic relationships and toxic people from your life
– Detox your mind and body
More steps along with those listed above can be found HERE.
THE BENEFIT OF SELF-LOVE:
It’s been stated “Self-love is the antidote for all self-destructive behaviors.” When you completely love yourself, you eliminate the self-destructive behavior. Self-love allows you to live in the present. It assist you in dealing with daily life knowing that there is no need to stress over anything. Self-love creates the feeling of “everything is going to be alright.” And above all, self-love reflects loving relationships. You will attract what you feel about yourself and give out to the world
Self-love will be your daily compass, your drive to your destiny and connection to something greater. Self-love is where life begins. If you are not there yet, connect to those who can help you obtain this. Start loving yourself and start living fully.
Be sure to share and follow us on social media!
This Tuesday TEN is dedicated to an article found on MINDBODYGREEN. I love the 10 ways to fit fun in a busy day written by RACHEL ROFÉ Hope you enjoy just as much as I did. (Repost from MINDBODYGREEN)
“A lot of us are crazy busy, constantly jumping from task to task. While it’s nice to get a lot done, the truth is that when we’re on our deathbeds, we’re not going to care how many to-do items we checked off.
Here are 10 ways you can fit in both productivity AND pleasure in your life:
1. Give yourself 15 minutes every morning.
If you set 15 minutes aside for yourself every morning, it sets a great tone for your day. You’ll feel more grounded and structured. You’ll also know that even if the rest of the day slips away from you, you’ll have done something to benefit yourself.
Every morning, just ask yourself what 15-minute activity will bring you the most pleasure. You might decide to have a dance break, read a gossip magazine with a mug of tea, meditate, take a bath, or go for a walk. Whatever feels good to you, do it — with no judgment.
2. Schedule pleasure in your calendar.
Schedule in massages, time to connect with friends, or anything that brings you joy , just like you would schedule dentist appointments and meetings with bosses.
3. Choose a guiding word for the day.
Every morning, choose a word that you’d like to feel for that day.
For example, if you decide you want to feel “ease” in your day, then every time you don’t feel it, ask yourself how you can shape whatever you’re going to through to feel easeful.
It sounds deceivingly simple, but it works. Very well.
4. Realize that feeling stressed can actually be laziness in disguise.
I know this is a weird concept, but the truth is, it’s easier to be go-go-go than to stop and take time for yourself. It’s a lot easier to ride the momentum of being busy. If you consciously stop and take time to care for yourself, it requires some upfront work, but the payoff is more than worth it.
5. Stop trying to maximize everything.
Don’t try to constantly make the most of everything you do.
You don’t need to listen to audiobooks or podcasts on your morning walk. You don’t need to clean while you’re on the phone. When you have a spare minute, you don’t have to catch up on email.
Simply stop and enjoy whatever you’re doing. And if you do end up having some spare time, do something that brings you pleasure.
6. Create self-care goals.
If you respond well to goals, create some around making time for yourself. You might set a goal to schedule two massages this month, go to three yoga classes, or have five dance breaks.
7. Make pleasure a nonnegotiable.
Just like you brush your teeth and eat dinner every day, make pleasure another “have to do” each day.
8. Work with what you’ve got.
Use whatever your circumstances are to your advantage.
If you have kids, for example, it can feel really tough to take time for yourself. Instead of fighting it, work on doing something that brings you AND your children pleasure. Ask yourself, “What can we do so that we both have fun?”
You may decide to blow bubbles together, dance together, color, finger-paint, play with water guns, make snow angels, fly kites, or act silly.
9. Create a pleasure center.
Create a go-to basket or tub full of things that bring you pleasure that you can keep on hand for any time you need a dose of feeling good.
To get your mind going, here are some things you can include: bubbles, an iPod full of songs you like, essential oils, a guilty pleasure book or magazine, some delicious chocolate, a tea bag, a comedy DVD, nail polish, a yo-yo, a candle, a book of yoga stretches, a journal, thank you cards, punching balloons.
10. Have a cutoff time for work.
Set yourself a “stop working” time that you adhere to as often as possible. Make it so that after that time passes, you do things that you enjoy.
This is a great way to make sure you sleep better (devices before bed don’t do you any favors), and it also feels like a nice reward you can look forward to all day.”
Ten Phenomenal Bloggers that will inspire you to continue on your journey!
1. Flourish in Process by Elizabeth Jayne Liu is kick-ass at it’s finest. Her Monday Dares are so transparent, vulnerable and highly inspirational. She bares her soul as she navigates through life and I just can’t get enough of her!
2. Abiola Abrams the amazing Self-Love Coach, Love Columnist and Empowerment Speaker gives inspiration continually on her blog Sacred Bombshell Living. She is a transformational coach and her insight is empowering.
3. Road to Making It by Charlotte Broadbent gives poignant punches of inspiration! From 12 second #MondayMotivational to short blog posts on Reaching for The Stars, this blog gives the bit size inspiration needed to continue your day.
4. I absolutely love Gala Darling! This blogger, trailblazer, speaker and female enthusiasts encourages all to embrace radical self love. Her style is showcased throughout and she inspires you to adore your life!
6. Marie Forleo is AMAZEBALLS!! If you’ve never heard of her, trust… once you are introduced, you will continue to follow her work. She states how she is here to add more value to your world and she does just that! She is a business strategist and offers brilliant yet understandable advice.
7. Kris Carr blog is the home of Crazy Sexy Wellness. She encourages women to become the “CEO of their health” while addressing topics of health, happiness, and spiritual wealth. Everything she speaks of, even travel tips are shared to inspire and educate you.
8. Connie Chapman is a certified Life Coach that encourages dreamers to discover a new way of living. She has a 90 Transformational Project that is full of inspiration to continue on your journey. This is a must do!
9. The Writeous Babe Project is a blog by Javacia Harris-Bowser and it offers wellness and female empowerment. I absolutely love this southern breed beauty. She inspires women to achieve their goals through sharing relatable advice.
10. Penelope Trunk is an entrepreneur, with four start ups and shares advice in 200 newspapers. She blogs on career, relationships and parenting. I love her post “You can’t get respect until you know what you want to be respected for“.
Because I am an inspiration junkie, these are not all the blogs I love… these are just ten off the list.
Check these wonderful women out and share some of your favorite inspirational bloggers.