With my 28 Days to Confidence FREE Workshop kicking off February 1st, I’m dedicating this Tuesday TEN to how confidence will benefit you and why it’s important to build up yours!
It’s been stated when you experience a lack of confidence, it may stop you from striving for what you want. But when you possess confidence, you abandon worry, hesitation and, more importantly, you side-step fear. The focus here is on your whole being, every part of you; your thoughts, the images in your mind, your emotions, and ultimately your behavior and the actual outcomes in your life.
Below are benefits of what Confidence will do for you!
1. Happiness! When you are confident with yourself and with the life you are living, troubles may come yes… but your happiness will still stand strong. It’s been stated confident people are happier than the average.
2. Greater Success = More Money! – yes it’s true… the more confident you are the more rewards you will reap professionally which includes making the top dollars. Dr. Maya Angelou was once interviewed and asked to share her one tip of confidence for women… this is what she said: “Well first, there are some things a woman must do for herself. Admit who you are and where you are and how you are to yourself. You don’t have to do that to anyone else. But admit who you are to yourself. Have enough courage. And say, [if it’s the case] ‘I am overweight. I am underweight. I’m not using my time intelligently. I’m not getting enough rest. I’m not having enough fun. I’m not reading enough. I’m not learning enough.’ And say it to yourself. Make notes to yourself so you can improve yourself. It’s very important. It’s important because then you give off an aura of competence and people are more reluctant to take advantage of you if you appear to be competent.” Read more HERE
3. Worry Less – Take a little lesson from the movie over a decade old…1994 hit Disney film Lion King... Hakuna Matata… It means no worries. A meerkat and warthog, a weird combination for friends confidently taught Simba to forget his troubled past and live proudly in the moment. What a great lesson in confidence. When you are more confident with who you are, you tend to worry less. You simply trust your decisions, live in the moment and accept whatever life hands you in the moment.
4. Get heard! Confidence allows you to get yourself heard. You will speak more eloquently, a little more stern and confidently with whatever words chosen which demands attention to be paid regardless if the listeners agree or disagree with the points shared.
5. Become more attractive and have great sex appeal – I remember in early 2000’s when Jermaine Dupri was dating Janet Jackson and so many people would say… “How did he get her?” These statements were made insinuating the difference in the physical look as Jermaine Dupri looked liked the average guy to many but the truth behind it is, confidence of a person will stand out way more than their looks or lack there of and Janet saw more in him than society did.
6. Networking with a breeze – Confidence will allow you to release the fear of meeting new people which is a benefit for both personal and professional. Personally because meeting new people can lead to great friendships and even an amazing love relationship that you’ve been waiting on. Professionally as if you network freely with no hesitation it could lead to promotions within your current company, opportunities for other companies seeking someone with your particular skill or even growth in clientele for your own business.
7. So much freakin’ fun! With the benefits listed above it leads to more fun for the confident person. The less you worry, no longer care what people think of you, become more attractive, network and build more relationships, the more fun you will have. You become okay with laughing at yourself aloud and learn not to take things too seriously… oh how much fun your life will be!
8. Prioritize self-care. Confidence leads to you understanding what is needed for you and this will jumpstart true care for yourself. You understand this does not mean you are selfish but more caring of yourself even more so than you are for others. Whether its monthly massages, energy boosting yoga daily or knowing when and how to proudly say no to those things that may drain you… you will confidently prioritize self-care.
9. Increase your performance – The more confident you are, the more you will increase performance to going after your dreams. Whether an athlete, motivational speaker, promoter, actor or entrepreneur, truth is the more confident you are in yourself, the more you will work on perfecting your craft to becoming the best. Think Michael Jordan or Denzel Washington or Les Brown or Steve Jobs or Michael Jackson or Oprah… all individuals known for perfecting their craft to be the best in a particular craft.
10. Kick fear in the face! Remember this TGIM video “Focus on what your purpose is and be determined to fulfill it”… well, confidence will allow you to take that quantum leap into the purpose you are supposed to be living. Regardless if you have enough money in the bank, regardless of the naysayers, regardless of what it may look like to others, you will face your fears head on, master them and keep it moving.
If you would like FREE training on how to possess this type of confidence sign up for my 28 Days to Confidence. A 28 day guide of meditation, daily activities, affirmations and deeper understanding to becoming the confident person that you are supposed to be.