Will you join us??
Will you join us??
Many Blessings to you and yours for the year of 2016 and beyond!!
It’s a New Year and another opportunity for you to live out your purpose! Being transparent, 2015 definitely had many more valleys than mountains but To God be the glory as it ALL works for the good of HIM!
This year, I have decided to live with intention and I want you to join me on this journey.
Each month I will focus on one specific area to live with intention. I believe if we take the opportunity to enjoy the moments, find purpose in it all and truly live with intention, we will find accomplish many more goals and truly live our best lives!
This is the opportunity to build a circle of accountability while being encouraged along the way with great tips from none other than Coach K!
Here are the focus for each month:
JANUARY – Wellness
FEBRUARY – Confidence
MARCH – Organization
APRIL – Clarity
MAY – Growth
JUNE – Self
JULY – Family
AUGUST – Learning
SEPTEMBER – Reflection
OCTOBER – Breathe
NOVEMBER – Giving
DECEMBER – Him
Take a minute or five or thirty and think about those things in 2015 you didn’t get the opportunity to finish or those things you wish you could do differently. Then, recognize since you are still living, you have the opportunity to turn them into real goals for 2016. Write them down, give a rough time frame, and begin to take action steps all while surrendering to Jesus, letting Him lead you. Let’s prayerfully take action and live intentionally. We can do this together with laser focus and I’m here to help encourage along the way with a specific focus each month.
So to kick it off… please be sure to join me starting January 4th to get tips and encouragement from me for Wellness! Let’s live with intention each and every step of 2016!
Be on the look out! Much more to come!!!
Get ready to #LiveIntentionally
Today is the last Monday of 2015 and 2016 will be here in a few days! During this time many of us are planning our New Year Resolutions.
Many await the New Year to change those bad habits or embark on something new. The number one resolution is always to lose weight, get healthy and in shape and by February or March, those resolutions die. Even I have fallen into this resolution on more than one occasion. But this, I will follow through with anything I set out. This year I plan to live a year of intention!
I plan to live on purpose and every goal I set will be done with intention. I don’t want to make resolutions that are a repeat from previous years and never completed. I do believe when living with intention those goals do come true because it’s not a fad… there is accountability attached and the goals are broken down into bit size chunks that make them more obtainable! Will you join me in living with intention?
Share what your list of intentions are for this new year and I dare you to go further with sharing what you are doing TODAY to ensure your goals come to past. Remember, you must start where you are. Rome wasn’t built in a day! But with dedication, accountability and INTENTION, your goals will be completed!
Are you in need of a coach that will help you get there? Well, look no further. I’m transparent… I’ve been where you are and I’ve overcome. I’ve coached many that are living a life with intention and I would love to coach you too!
What are your goals for the upcoming year?
Thank you Michael Kors for this amazingly chic transitional line!
This Wear It Wednesday is dedicated to Pre-Fall 2015! It’s been stated on Fashionistyle that “Michael Kors has gone girly — sort of. For transeason, he said he riffed ‘on what I would call clichéd feminine things that I would never touch, like bows and pearls, but looking at them in a very graphic way.’ ”
Here are some great looks:
Images from WWD
What are some of your favorite looks?
It’s 2015 and you’ve made it through!
Now the question is… what will you do with it?
You’ve celebrated last night to bring in the New Year and now it’s time to get to it! Remember…
Some have written out goals, made resolutions or even created vision boards but above all of this, you need to underscore the importance of doing what you said you are going to do each and every day this year. You must APPLY action toward whatever that goal is. Break it down into digestible chunks to set yourself up for success and not failure. Ways to achieve this is to not speak so broadly of your goals but get specific on one action that will eventually make a huge impact.
Here’s an example:
Your goal is to lose 30lbs by March but keep it off for the entire year, well your digestible “APPLY IT ACTIONABLE” would be to commit to working out 30 minutes a day for 5 days a week. (This is how you will be able to see your goal come to fruition)
What’s better than the “Apply it Actionable” ? The answer is an accountability partner! Do you have one? If not, reach out to a friend that you know will hold you accountable or better yet, make the public your accountability partner by sharing with the world via social media what your goals for this year are. I have a good friend who wrote an article on “Power Moves” versus the mundane resolution list and I absolutely love it! Check it out here: 5 Power Decisions for Women to Make in 2015 it’s by Jasmin Brand. Be sure to follow her work. Lot’s of greatness to come in 2015!
With that being said, I will share my 5 power moves and conclude with wishing each of you well as you journey through what will be an amazing year!
2015 is all about me Paying it Forward! With this being said, below are my 5 power moves with most being ways I will pay it forward so that I will not only impact my life but the lives of others!
HERE YOU GO:
1. Social Media Takeover! The obsession with big butts, flashy cars and materialistic nonsense is over-rated and out-dated! Let’s get back to inspiring those to become better individuals, inspire them to go after their God-Given talents and become who they are destined to be! I plan on doing this by taking over social media with my inspiration initiative. Be sure to follow me as I give uplifting, positive yet entertaining words of wisdom on a daily basis while also being transparent about my life. (Why be transparent? Well, who wants inspiration from someone who never faces or have faced any issues or failures??? What’s the inspiration in that?!) FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER
2. Daily Affirmations: I will share with the world 365 daily affirmations to assist on your journey to becoming great! Each affirmation will be posted on Instagram and here on my blog. Be sure to follow me on Instagram and I will definitely follow you back! #teamfollowback
3. InstaMotivation: Follow me on Instagram for 15sec video inspiration! It will post every Monday for what I consider #MondayMotivation or what I’m known for saying… “TGIM!” This will assist in keeping you charged for the week to come.
4. Invest in Me! Per Jasmin’s power moves I’m stealing this one. It’s necessary for me to give back to myself as I give to others. Besides, if I’m not the best me, how can I offer you the best? Being transparent, last year started off really great with my book and business launch but as my granny took ill and I went there to be her right hand aide, I allowed stress and depression to take over and gained 27lbs in 4 freaking months! SO NOT COOL! I’m back on the track of gaining my health back and it’s not just because it’s a new year, it’s because I owe it to myself! How will I do this, well my bitesize chunk is 30 minutes of cardio each day for 5 days a week along with better food choices as I travel the world. 🙂
5. Give my gift to the world! Although I do many speaking engagements and I’m a Life Coach, I want to impact more and I will do this by offering free training and workshops throughout the year. Be sure to look for them! Below are the months to expect free virtual workshops:
Please share your goals with your “Apply It Actionable” for this upcoming year… I would love to be an accountability partner for you!
Loads of Love,
The Confidence Coach
LOVE this article by MindBodyGreen
And with the new year fast approaching I thought it best to share with my readers. Be sure to sign up for Mind Body Green daily inspiration and you can receive these amazing articles via email and also see me as a featured contributor.
As we enter the final stretch of 2014, you may be sensing an energetic shift. December is an important month because it sets the stage for the next year. Use this time to reflect on your goals and focus forward with clarity.
Do you feel weighed down by specific people or situations? Use this time to consciously create a stronger foundation for your life, which means walking away from things that drag you down.
This is an ideal time of year to release old thought patterns, fears, relationships, situations and things that no longer serve you. It shifts you into the closing down of the previous year and prepares you for the one ahead.
Rather than spending time focusing on what isn’t working, pull all of your energy into what is going well and focus on what you want. Use deliberate action toward those goals and you’ll see changes happen quickly.
In the spirit of preparing for the new year and releasing what no longer serves you, here are 10 things to let go of before 2015.
1. Let go of thinking you aren’t where you’re supposed to be.
Everything you’ve done has helped you become who you’re meant to be.
2. Release all thought patterns holding you back.
It’s time to start telling yourself a more positive story.
3. Release the idea that your challenges are long-term.
All setbacks are only temporary, but the lessons learned are forever.
4. Let go of the need to have it all figured out.
What doesn’t make sense yet will someday.
5. Let go of the idea that things aren’t working out for you.
Everything is really much better than you can imagine.
6. Stop asking “WHY” this is happening to you.
Instead ask what you can learn from the situation.
7. Release the need to control the outcome.
You may not get what you want when you want, but trust you will always get what you need when you need it.
8. Stop believing you are your mistakes.
There are no mistakes, only growth.
9. Release the need to be right.
Proving others wrong does not make you right. Instead, focus inward and align with love. When you are confident in your own choices, you don’t have to prove anything.
10. Let go of thinking it’s too late for you.
Your dreams matter and they come to you for a reason. Follow your heart, and you will be free. “
To create your own list grab this FREE Love Your Life to The Fullest Guide.
Photo Credit: Getty Images
Article by: Shannon Kaiser
10 things to try in 2014!
In light of the New Year, I thought to share 10 things to put on the list and try for 2014.
1. Do something you’ve NEVER done! It can be zip lining, taking a shot at a triathlon, telling someone that you think they’re cute or going without TV for a week. No matter how big or small, find a way to challenge yourself differently and do something you haven’t done. The reward is much greater than the challenge:-)
2. Cut the negative out of your life! From thoughts to people to places or things… let go of which does NOT bring you the utmost joy and happiness at all times. Life is too short to be wasted on negative thinking or negative people.
3. Take a vacation for YOU! Treat yourself and use your earned vacation time for a special getaway for you. You can go to the beach in Bali or a 3 hour drive to the countryside but do a special trip to explore with you! It’s guaranteed to make you feel great.
4. STAY active! Most of us make the New Years Resolution to get fit or loose weight but drop off after a month at the gym. I challenge you during 2014 to not just make a goal to get fit but to just STAY active. It can be through dance classes, aerobics, training for a marathon or daily yoga but find what works and STAY active. Your mind, body and soul will thank you for it.
5. Treat yourself to something special. Enjoy the fruit of your labor and buy that special thing you’ve been wanting. New handbag, iPhone, bracelet…whatever! If you have to save for it, dedicate a special fund for it and buy it! You deserve it.
6. Write handwritten notes to friends and family. Something that always makes me feel good is to see someone surprised on just a regular day. No birthday… No holiday… just Tuesday. Send a handwritten note to a loved one and as you lighten someones day, you will receive it 100 fold.
7. Volunteer more. Schedule volunteering time like it’s an event and non-negotiable. Remember… giving back never goes out of style!
8. Add something! Don’t think about taking away those bad things from your diet such as soda. Instead add something healthy. It can be adding 2 additional glasses of water a day, 10 minutes of meditation or even adding protein to your snack. You will notice once you start adding… you will have no room for unhealthy eating.
9. Say NO to your phone! During dinner… hanging with a friend or loved one… or nestled with a good book… TURN YOUR PHONE OFF! FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, text messages and calls can all wait! Immerse yourself fully in the moment either with someone else or yourself. Don’t be so glued to checking the phone. LET IT GO! 🙂
10. Take time to breathe and smile:) In America we work so hard, plan so much and are always on the go. Take those moments to breathe and smile.
Hope this inspires you to try something different during 2014. If you have an idea to share… please SHARE! Send me a comment. I would love to hear.
Happy New Year Everyone!!!
So another year has past. And what a year it has been for me. I’m an advocate of reflection so here’s my reflections on 2013 and what I’m looking for in 2014. Hope this inspires you to reflect on your year as well.
This past year has been a year of growth, travels, learning and continual tests. From the beginning to now I’ve continuously learned more about me and unceasing transformation to becoming the woman I am destined to be has occurred. I started 2013 off with this blog. I shared my learning from 2012 and said Cheers to 2013. I KNEW greatness was what I was on the brink of! I started to pour more into my craft of writing, motivating and fashion. My insights to fashion trends were accepted among my following. I was receiving a motivating response from many to continue on what I started. Most of this motivation came from those I did not know, which was even more exhilarating. I created a video blog sharing each week my “Life Lessons” from the previous weeks. Below is one of my favorite vlogs. It’s when I had the opportunity to experience world travels with a friend in Dubai. The experience was completely captivating and the inspiration still lives within almost a year later. I spoke on knowing it’s okay to Live The Life you’ve Imagined!!
This showcased me not only speaking of what we should do but being a LIVING EXAMPLE. I’m one of those, that do not like listening to people who do not LIVE by what they speak. Since I was a child, I vowed to do the opposite and actually live out any advice I shared to others.
I was told this inspired many. I was excited by the inspiration of others as this was my ultimate goal. You see, I know my destiny is to empower, enrich and ignite others to live their very best lives. With this, I continued on my journey of self value. Yes… self value. You see, to me to have value in oneself is more than just regarding it as important. As stated on Compassion Power, “To value it is to appreciate its finer qualities and to invest time, energy, effort, and sacrifice in its maintenance.” This is exactly what I was doing. 2013 taught me to VALUE… invest time, energy and effort into who I am today, who I will be tomorrow and what’s to come for me in the future.
I was on a mission to make each and every moment count!
I continued on my journey of 2013 inspiring many around the globe while inwardly inspiring myself. The more I did to pour into me, the more my worries, troubles or concerns of things I could not control disintegrated. I was becoming anew every day. Each day there was a new venture, thought, or life experience to explore. I continue to write, speak and showcase creativity with those daily experiences. I lived with childlike ambition to complete any task presented to me!
Now… there were a multitude of times where things were just not as great as I wanted them to be. Throughout this year of transformation and self value, I also experienced some, well… MANY disappointments, job drama and frustrations. But the moral of my learning was how I continued to persevere, push forward and never gave up on the faith and hope for the next day. No frustrating situation is long lived… it is TEMPORARY. God continued to allow me these tests and I’m thankful I continued to past. I realized those temporary disappointments happened so I can continue to be the LIVING EXAMPLE I spoke of previously. I continued encountering people that were going through much worse and they received a sense of release when I shared my infamous line of “At the end of the day… It’s really not that serious. This is only temporary and this too shall past.” (Check out my blog on Life is Really Like a box of Chocolates HERE)
With these learning and teachings, I became a Confidence Coach. I gained more clientele throughout the end of the summer and into fall. I was really becoming more and more of the destined me. Did challenges and frustrations continue… ABSOLUTELY! As my day job underwent transformation and change, as did I on a personal level. I was no longer defining myself by my job but by who I truly am at the core. I learned how to not allow the world to affect me but for ME to affect the world. I became the epitome of “Be the change you wish to see”. I built more meaningful relationships and even had the power to let go of those that brought no positivity. I learned when you truly value yourself, when you are in tune with your self-worth, you will NOT allow situations, people, or things devalue you at any time. I stood up for what I believed in. I taught what I was passionate about. And I continue to be the LIVING EXAMPLE for anyone in search of realness in this great world.
How interesting, in my 2012 newsletter, I stated: “I know I may be challenged more, face some disappointments, adventures, surprises and more snow storms but hey… if I’m blessed to live through it… my new year will only be better because of it!”
2013 was all of that! It was about learning, growing and transforming. I understand the power of the tongue so I state today that 2014 will be the time of continued investing and fruit sown coming to life. Everything that I poured into will manifest itself to the highest possible level. I was initially on the brink of greatness but today… GREATNESS has arrived!
I am excited to share my new projects such as my iPhone and Android APP entitled Kisha’s Chic Lessons: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kishas-chic-lessons/id777978702?mt=8
And I am excited to share many more announcements to come by February so stay tuned!!
Hats off to 2013… thank you for everything experienced and my many learnings. Salute to 2014! For I possess the greatness within to manifest itself outwardly. 🙂
Hope this inspires you to continue on your life journey.
Sending blessings and sunshine your way:-)
Fashion Trends for 2014…
Happy New Year!!
Check out what we will be wearing for this new year:
Button Downs: Menswear inspired look with a feminine touch. You’ll find button downs with contrasting colored collars and cuffs.
Strategic Transparency: Touches of transparency throughout the garment strategically placed to give you just a peak of skin but still covered with embroidered patterns are a trend to try.
Wide Leg pants: As we all know, fashion is a continuous cycle of what once was. Here is an oldie but goodie.
Sporty Chic: Remember when Jersey dresses were cool? Well, they are back more modernized. I don’t know if I’m a fan yet but I do like the idea of bring sporty back.
Tea Length Skirts: Very reminiscent of the fabulous 1950’s. This is a style I love. This length is a little longer than a midi but not as long as a maxi skirt. It’s worn best when pairing with a cropped top to offset the length of the skirt.
Pleats: This time around there are pleats for everyone’s style. You can find them in pants and skirts from large to knife pleats going straight up and down or asymmetrical.
Pastels: These colors are a symbolization of Springtime arising. I love the touches added for 2014.
Cropped Tops: A trend that seems to never go away and I’m liking it! Mid drift being shown but in a more classy not baring all type of way.
Embellishments: From denim, to waistcoats and skirts, you will find a touch of embellishment to help add sparkle and shine.
50 shades of BLUE: yes blue… Blue ranging in various shades are a must do for fashion in 2014.
Art Inspired Prints: Epitome of “Poetry in Motion” or “Walking Art”. Many designers are showcasing beautiful art inspired prints on multiple garment styles. I love all of those shown in Milan by Dolce & Gabbana below:
1990’s trends are back: From overalls to garments filled with your designers names are trends we are bringing back to 2014.
Will you sport any of these trends in 2014?