Don’t fall for the traps of social media, magazines and television that states there is a specific kind of beauty. You are uniquely beautiful, made in His image and He doesn’t make any mistakes. Love who you are! Know your worth! Accept your flaws and don’t let go!
Ok… before I begin, let me preface by stating:
yes… I am newly married, yes… I’m all in love and yes this is a gushy celebration to my husband on his 41st birthday. NOW, if you want to read on, do so at your own risk! LOL
The man I married turns 41 today and I choose to celebrate by sharing 15 of my 41 reasons, special moments, and poetic phrases on why I love him so and thank God daily for allowing our paths to cross. (I’m sharing only 15 with the public and he gets the rest… I’m sure you are thankful of this! LOL)
1. November 7th, 2014 The day we met! He was so persistent in capturing me that he turned his couple hours visit into 4 days until he got my number and has now married me! Thank God for my husbands persistence!
2. His thoughtfulness. This man is truly made for me. The way he chose to speak with my granny prior to me when wanting to make me his for life is one of the sweetest things he has done.
3. Witty sense of humor. “Boom… ch ch ch” Only he and a select few will get this so I decided to share the video for more laughs! (He truly thinks he’s one of the worlds best break dancers and I will support his thoughts with smiles and laughs)
4. His love for family. From being a devoted and loving father to the protector of the family and ensuring those values are shared with my family as well is another reason I celebrate him.
5. His smile. CHEEEEEESE!
6. The provider. He is a diligent worker and as I travel over the road with him, I see more and more of his strong work ethic and desire to provide for his family. Even when he’s so tired of working he falls asleep in the chair, at the restaurant or wherever he can get some rest!
7. He is the joy-bringer! From jokes to dancing to being playful in public, he always finds a way to make me smile.
8. His love for children. I remember the second weekend we spent together and he was at my granny house talking with the kids in the house while others were outdoors having fun, I thought to myself… “this is a man I could marry. I love the way he entertains and listens to children”
9. His poetry. The first poem of many he has written for me:
“Good morning my sunshine, the stars that light up my sky, the apple of my eye, the one who caught me by surprise not just with your curves but with your words. You are my mind orgasm, my haley’s comet, most importantly you are my friend and just to think of you is like the gentle wind, that touches me from within.”
10. I celebrate his willingness to love me through my stubborn, Ms. Independent, I don’t need a man attitude and bring out the best in me.
11. His talks with his sons. Overhearing the conversations he has to teach them how to be gentlemen with many things is so awesome but particularly love the conversation of being a gentlemen by opening doors for women and the reasons why it should be done.
12. His obedience to God’s will. Seeing first hand he putting his thoughts aside to follow God’s plan is awe-inspiring and allows me to trust him with me as his wife.
13. He prays over and for me. Each day since we’ve met, we have prayed together in the morning, giving praise and asking for guidance over our union. Just two days ago at 6 am, as I was laying in his arms, my legs intertwined with his, with my eyes shut I heard this prayer
“My Heavenly Father, thank you. Thank you Lord for blessing me with my beautiful, wonderful, patient and loving wife. Thank you so much God for her. Even on dark rainy days, it’s beautiful because I have her.” Then he kissed me softly and repeatedly on my forehead and laid for another 10-15 minutes before awakening me with the words of “good morning my love, my beautiful sunshine!”
15. He chose me! So thankful each day that he chose me to spend the rest of his life with.
Happy Birthday Honey!
Celebrate your loved ones in any way you see fit… just do it while they are still here.
It’s a New Year which means we should make things new within our lives as well. This first Tuesday of 2015 I want to focus on how to keep yourself first.
With that, here at 10 ways to give back to yourself throughout this year with whatever you encounter. Remember, if you don’t take care and give to yourself, how can you ever fully give your best to others?
1. Make meditation a priority! Creating a daily routine that includes time to meditate, self-reflect and pray is one of the best things you can offer yourself. Whether its four minutes and twenty-five, there is always time in the day to dedicate to yourself for meditation, prayer and self-reflection. When you do this, it creates clarity. It also gives you a deeper meaning to life and you appreciate the moments of what are to come much more. Try it… I promise you won’t regret it!
Here is a great example of 4 minute meditation from one of my favorite people Rebekah Borucki BexLife:
2. Be childlike and play a little! Don’t take things to seriously. Be childlike and get outside to enjoy some play time. Ride a bike, roll down a hill, laugh until you cry, hell, laugh at yourself OUT LOUD… whatever it is, enjoy it as if there are no worries in the world just as children do. Some of my favorite moments are when I’m teaching my nieces and nephews how to turn cartwheels in the yard or playing games with them. It relieves so much stress.
3. Celebrate your success. Big promotion or small obstacle you’ve overcome like the fear of escalators… no matter the size of the success and no matter if others don’t see it as a success as you do, take the moment to celebrate it and tell yourself job well done. Remember, you do not need permission from anyone else to celebrate yourself!
4. Turn off from social media for a few hours a day. If you are bold enough make it a full day or even a week. Give yourself a break from the minutia of others lives they create on social media. Take a break from the drama. 🙂 I love the article about 7-day Smart Phone Detox from Popsugar! I think we as people forget we didn’t always have this accessibility… don’t become a slave to it.
5. Don’t take your phone to bed! This goes in hand with the previous way to give back to yourself. Sleep is a necessity… whatever the email, text and notifications from Facebook are can wait until the next day. ENJOY your bed time with a good book, the bible, soothing sounds of nothing and above all SLEEP!
6. Express yourself creatively. Dance, sing, perform at open mic, take a pottery making class, write or even paint an abstract canvas! Just do something at least once a week that allows you to tap into your creative side. There is no way you can stay stressed out if doing this. Art can be very therapeutic.
7. Detox when necessary! I believe in completing a health detox after holidays, sometimes once per season or whenever I feel my body needs it. Releasing toxins from your body is a BIG THANK YOU from your soul to your ears. You release stress and inherit peace. Detox is not just for removing addictions…detox is to purify your body from all impurities, stress, promote elimination from intestines and so much more. Check out more HERE.
8. Get a full body massage at least once a month. Depending on your daily life stress you may want to do more. While living in New York I would get my Thai Body Massage every other week and it relieved so much stress and revitalized me. (NOTE… you don’t have to break the bank for this service to yourself. Look into local massage schools where you can go and offer a donation to the students. They are learning but still great!)
9. Share why you are grateful each day! Create a grateful journal and write those things you are grateful for.
10. Pay attention to Posture. Simple yet most impactful way to give back to yourself. Trust, you will notice the difference in the way you feel, react, smile and deal with less stress with the straightening of your back.
These are my top ten but I would love to hear some of the those things you will do to give back to yourself.
With all that’s currently going on in the U.S. in reference to #MikeBrown and #EricGarner just to name two of the most recent cases, I’ve been praying more than ever for peace on this land. I’ve prayed for togetherness and for God to show Himself through it all.
Last night Alicia Keys released a new song entitled “We Gotta Pray” and I must say, I greatly appreciate those who use their gift to impact the world in a positive light. I needed to share this video… I hope her message touch each of you as it did me. Spread the word and lets be the change we wish to see. We Gotta Pray!
#SpreadLove #LoveConquersAll #Justice #TOGETHERwecanWin
When reflecting back on life and remembering when I truly started to enjoy life, take risks and even succeed professionally, I realize the greatness of living began with first loving myself. I started enjoying every moment of my life when I first started enjoying every moment of me!
Life… the existence of you which could be a daring adventure and new learnings or somewhat mundane. The beauty of it all is that as an adult, YOU possess the power to create it, exactly as you envision it. This means no matter of the situations you’ve encountered as a child and the multiple versions of non-love, YOU can change all of this with one simple step of first LOVING YOURSELF!
WHAT IS SELF-LOVE YOU ASK?
To answer this question, let me first tell you what it is not. Self-love is NOT tied to an ego, validation from others, narcissism or vanity. Self-love requires you knowing the value of yourself. Self-love is appreciating your uniqueness and your unique gift you have to offer to the world. It is the “regard for one’s own well-being and happiness.” Self-love is also humbling and is not weighed down with societies thoughts or their best-friends thoughts. Self-love embraces all imperfections perfectly and will not allow anyone to devalue them in any way.
Well the first step to this is to become accepting of who you are and what makes you uniquely you. In order to become accepting of those things, you must cancel out the things shared to you about you in the past and get to know yourself without the thoughts of others. When you get to know yourself, you start on the path of self-love. You begin to recognize who you are and then you can begin showing love to those things whether quirky, different, or consider flaws to other people.
Other steps to capture Self-Love are:
– Remove any guilt or shame of yourself
– Trust your intuition
– Get out your own way
– Remove toxic relationships and toxic people from your life
– Detox your mind and body
More steps along with those listed above can be found HERE.
THE BENEFIT OF SELF-LOVE:
It’s been stated “Self-love is the antidote for all self-destructive behaviors.” When you completely love yourself, you eliminate the self-destructive behavior. Self-love allows you to live in the present. It assist you in dealing with daily life knowing that there is no need to stress over anything. Self-love creates the feeling of “everything is going to be alright.” And above all, self-love reflects loving relationships. You will attract what you feel about yourself and give out to the world
Self-love will be your daily compass, your drive to your destiny and connection to something greater. Self-love is where life begins. If you are not there yet, connect to those who can help you obtain this. Start loving yourself and start living fully.
Be sure to share and follow us on social media!
Amazing Movie premier you have to be a part of!
SIGNED, SEALED & DELIVERED
is a Fredrick Alanzo film that debuted October 25th in Houston, TX to a SOLD OUT Theatre of 800 guests!
This film is about:
A story of betrayal, love, redemption, and forgiveness. . . .King-Pin, Mack Biggs, played by actor and Houston’s own Jay Barnett, sets out to share the Gospel of Christ after serving 10 years of his 30 year prison sentence . His sentencing was due to drug trafficking, money laundering & attempted murder. Now a professed Christian, Mack Biggs come home WITHOUT notice . . . to only be set up for the unexpected! How will it affect his faith in God? And how will he pass the test to prove to other that he has truly been delivered?
Check out the movie teaser below:
Why should you support this film?
Because it is directed by a Fredrick Alanzo who continue to use his time, gifts, and talents with God at the center of it all. Fredrick believes with Gods help he can continue to inspire, witness and lead people to a better way of life through Jesus Christ. It’s motivational and thought provoking. Watch below to see what people are saying about the movie at it’s first Red Carpet event:
Be sure to support and share on social media to help the Dallas premier be as big of a success as the premier in Houston!
Take the opportunity to meet the cast and crew this week prior to the premier! Information below:
AMC RED CARPET MOVIE PREMIER IN DALLAS, TX IS ON NOVEMBER 15TH, 2014:
I’m sitting at my sisters while working on Monday night and I’m smiling as her and her hubby laugh while trying to get privacy to go take a shower. It inspires me that love will come for me one day.
With the talk of my sister planning the renewal of her vows where they will make 10 years of marital bliss in March… I thought I’d share 10 cool ways to renew your vows.
1. Remix the Unity Candle – Include the kids by allowing them to write a note about the parents and share during the ceremony. Find out more HERE.
2. Although there is no wedding certificate and no officiant needed, create a renewal certificate!
3. Make it religious! It’s up to you… maybe you want to use an officiant and renew with a fresh start.
4. Make it a destination. Turn it into a vacation and make it a destination renewal ceremony with the family.
5. If you didn’t have enough money to do it the way you wanted to the first time, use this time to go all out… sparkle and shine!
6. Incorporate photographed memories throughout. Relive the memories of the years with your guest by placing photos as centerpieces or even as a hanging photo wall.
7. Make it a surprise! Invite all your friends and family to what will be the “party of the year” without worrying about who will or will not attend, bask in the moment and suprise all of your guest while partying with a special unconventional vow renewal.
8. Let the kids officiate. You have the freedom to make it unique… Do so by allowing your kids to officiate the renewal.
9. Relive the first date! Have it at an unique location such as the park you met at many years ago.
10. Just show up! Let someone else do the planning for you and be completely surprised by the outcome.
The question… “Why are you here?”
Watching Alicia Keys video “We are Here” for the first time evoked such emotion. Every word sung is so true and I ask each of you… how much better the world would be if we were the change and evoked thought that moved to more love, more healing, more togetherness?
Alicia states how this was a question she had never been asked prior and it provoked thought which then lead to this amazing song.
“The day I wrote this song, I was sitting in a circle of people of all ages and we were asked, “Why are you here.” Why am I here?? This really hit me on a deep level. I realized no one had ever asked me that question before.
As I prepare to give birth to a new child, I can’t help and think about the world I’m bringing my baby into. No matter where we come from, when we see the state of the world today, we can all feel the growing frustration and desire to make a difference. And we all have a voice – we just need to know how to make it heard.
I have a vision that I believe is more than a dream, that I know can be our reality.
I believe in an empowered world community built on the true meaning of equality – where we are all considered one people, regardless of race, religion, gender, zip code, belief system or sexual orientation.
I believe all of our voices should be heard, so that our representation reflects our population. We need our leadership to reflect an equal balance of the gifts that both men and women have to offer.
I believe in a world where every child born receives a quality education – where their unique gifts are nurtured so that they may be a beneficial presence in this world.
I believe in mutual respect and cooperation among all peoples and all nations. It is time to end all forms of racial injustice for our black brothers and sisters and all people of color.
I believe in an end to the prison industrial complex in America and a renewed justice system that is based on fairness and truth.
I believe in universal global health care based on Integrative Medicine, so that our bodies are acknowledged and treated as one system, and we can help control the spread of diseases like AIDS, Malaria, TB and Ebola.
I believe we have an ability to end poverty, oppression, and hopelessness that often breeds despair, terror, and violence.
I believe in common sense gun laws that serve to protect children and families and society from unnecessary violence.
I believe in Peace & Love & Unity.
I believe that this vision can be a reality.
And, it’s not about me. It’s about WE.
Together we can give birth to a kinder and more peaceful world for ALL children.
Our souls were brought together so that we can love each other sister, brother. We Are Here. We are here for all of us. That’s why #WeAreHere.
Sent with Light,
Think about it.
The book is here!!!!
Texas and The City By: Kisha Simmons
Be sure to share via social media and tag me. I will return the support to you:-)
Thank you for your support!!
Ten styles and more that I loved from The Grammy’s!
I love that there is no comparison award show to the Grammy’s. It’s a night of unforgettable style, sometimes outrageous performances, controversial speeches and overall immersive experiences.
It’s a night millions tune in to see. Even for those like me who were unable to view due to work, will still catch up on all the goodness and or badness of the show the day later. Here are my top 10 from the Grammy’s 2014.
1. Ciara stylishly showcasing her baby bump. Completely stunning and one of the best dressed of the night.
2. John Legend simply debonair look was perfect. Don’t you just love a man in a tux? 🙂
3. Chicago and Robin Thicke performance “Clap your hands in the name of love” MAKES ME SMILE!!!
4. Sara Bareillies and Carole King “Beautiful / Brave” performance now… Many followers know one of my favorite songs are Brave by Sara. Beautiful lyrics and create collaboration
5. The beautiful Taylor Swift seriously… I can not recall anytime she has ever looked less than perfect. Her style is always perfect, sophisticated and timeless. Completely flawless in her Gucci ensemble. Thanks for never letting me down:-)
6. Loved Katy Perry whimsical look.
7. Pink! I always enjoy seeing Pink’s acrobatic performance. She is so talented.
8. Miguel cool, almost too casual yet funky look was unique and great to me.
9. The gorgeous Queen styled up to her name as she always does. Stunning and simplistic beauty!
10. THE BEST PERFORMANCE OF THE NIGHT… four time Grammy winner Macklemore with Ryan Lewis performing “Same Love”. Joining in was the lovely Mary Lambert singing the hook, Queen Latifah as the officiant, 34 couples celebrating love and getting married no matter of gender, race or religion and the wonderful Madonna bringing it home singing “Open your heart”. STANDING OVATION deserved.
Ten ways to live your BEST life!
Tomorrow is not promised… Be sure to live your BEST life NOW! Here are 10 ways to help you with that but… there are plenty more:-)
1. Be Positive! Ever tried the no complaint rule?? It’s a great project started by A Complaint Free World where you wear a bracelet to remind you not to complain. Remember, the more positive you put out there… the more you will receive in return.
2. Learn something new! Learning is encouraging and uplifting. Learn a new craft, take a class, learn a different language or even explore a different culture… your brain will thank you!
3. Become a Passionpreneur!!! Follow your passion and be unapologetic for following your hearts joy. What are you most passionate about? And are you pursuing this on a daily basis???… if not, why not? Think of those great people who followed their passions and done great things for this world, their careers and others. Mother Teresa, Steve Jobs, Oprah Winfrey, Gandhi and many more.
4. Turn of the TV for at least 24hrs. It’s amazing the things you can accomplish, explore and marvel at when we are not completely consumed with the television. I challenged myself to go without tv for 3 months and it’s now been 1 year and 4 months! I’ve started a blog, written a book, created beauty products, and been a life coach to many! Just saying:-)
5. Kick fear in the face! Allow your courage to be showcased by conquering that thing you thought you couldn’t.
6. Help someone in a worse situation than you. Remember… there is ALWAYS someone going through something way worse than you. Get out the house and mentor a troubled youth, buy groceries for a family, spend time with the lonely at a possible nursing home, hug a child… Help someone other than yourself.
7. Be seriously silly!! Don’t be afraid to laugh out loud… do something uncharacteristic and just be silly. Don’t take everything too serious… you only live once! I love this funny photo:
8. Go somewhere NEW! Visit a new city, town, country or even bakery… Go somewhere new and allow the adventure to begin.
9. Dolce’ Far Niente’ (The sweetness of doing nothing)
10. Love like you will never be hurt…Don’t be afraid to love and love hard. Share love with everyone. Fall in love romantically. Enjoy the time with your loved ones and let them know how much you love them. LOVE!
These are just a few ways to live your best life there are plenty more! Check out some listed HERE. Also be sure to share how you choose to live your BEST life!
Get YOUR Happy back!!…Or don’t ever lose it 🙂
Kisha’s Life Lessons Week 21
Things happen… it’s called LIFE! But this shouldn’t ignite feelings of hopelessness or negativity. Keep smiling through and don’t lose your happiness! The current life storm is only temporary… don’t ever forget that!
Top 5 ways to keep or get your Happy back are:
- Stay committed… don’t check out so quickly
- “Feed your mind”
- Work out! (Endorphin makes you happy)
- Send out positive vibes and get it back 100 fold!
- SMILE… it’s contagious!