Thank you Michael Kors for this amazingly chic transitional line!
This Wear It Wednesday is dedicated to Pre-Fall 2015! It’s been stated on Fashionistyle that “Michael Kors has gone girly — sort of. For transeason, he said he riffed ‘on what I would call clichéd feminine things that I would never touch, like bows and pearls, but looking at them in a very graphic way.’ ”
Here are some great looks:
Images from WWD
What are some of your favorite looks?
10 beautiful ambassadors of Blend in for What?!™ and why you should join the movement!
I spoke on this movement just yesterday and because I’m so passionate about it I had to share more. Becoming an ambassador for this brand is more than sharing what your beauty is… You are also assisting in creating your own standard of beauty. You are teaching girls all around to own their uniqueness and get out of trying to fit in with what society says you should be.
1. ASHLEY BLAINE FEATHERSON You can find this actress showing her beauty in upcoming anticipated film “Dear White People”. This actress, vlogger and writer is based in LA and states beauty is: “an inner and outer quality that will never ever go out of style.”
2. PAMELA JENKINS Creator of Koils by Nature is a native from South Carolina who focus on natural skin and hair care. To Pamela, beauty is: “being in love with the person you see in the mirror. Flaws and all!”
4. DEAYA “DIRECT” SMITH This Texas chic producer for the Tom Joyner Morning Show is an author and motivational speaker who states beauty is, “Dressing up is how I happen to the day, before the day gets a chance to happen to me.”
5. VICTORIA SANDERS is a wardrobe stylist and costume designer located in California. Her blog VicStyles is inspirational and teaches women “to think outside of the box.” To Victoria, “confidence is key”.
6. ANGELA MCCRAE is a contributor for the Examiner.com and medial professional with NBC Universal. She believes beauty is, “the true essence of being comfortable in your own skin and owning it!”
7. MERISSA V. GRAYSON is an attorney dedicated to assisting clients to achieve their goals. She has a 3-part book series The Business of Co-Parenting, and believes beauty is, “being who you aren’t afraid to be when no one is watching.”
8. TAYE HANSBERRY is the blogger of Stuff She Like and this blog is dedicated to everything fabulous! From food to fashion and beauty, Taye shares her perspective on things in a stylish way. For Taye, beauty is, “going with the way you feel.. jumping in 100% with your heart and knowing that we all, no matter who we are, have to work at it.”
9. ZARA GREEN owns a blog, The Grown Zone which focus on helping you become a better you. This chic speaker and author is all about personal growth. Zara has a great webinar initiating in October entitled “Ignite your Individuality” which teaches you “how to harness the amazing power of your hidden motives”.
10. ARKEEDAH MCCORMICK is a lifestyle and fashion blogger for ItsArkeedah.com. This lady gives readers all things fabulous with a fresh take on fashion news! To her, beauty is “Embracing everything that makes you unique.”
Reasons to become an ambassador is because this is not just a normal campaign, it’s a movement to encourage your girls and women around the globe to own their uniqueness and “to be their own standard of beauty.” Be sure to check out the website blendinforwhat.com for more info and spread the word!
The queen of one-line comedic genius has left this world on today but her legacy will live on forever.
Joan Rivers became widely known after her appearance on The Tonight Show hosted by Johnny Carson in 1965 and has reigned as female comedian. She has 12 best selling books and was the best co-host on E! celebrity fashion show Fashion Police !
In the words of her beloved daughter Melissa Rivers, ‘My mother’s greatest joy in life was to make people laugh,” so below are some of my favorite quotes and one-liners from the Comedic Queen Joan Rivers!
Joan Rivers paved the way for so many women comedians. She never had an issue speaking her mind and even when people didn’t like it… we all respect it because it was hilarious. Joan was witty, ballsy, brave and had a magnetic sense of humor.
Thank you Joan Rivers for being true to yourself, living out your destiny and making us laugh along the way. Rest easy.
This Fab Fashion Friday is dedicated to one of my favorite style icons…
Zoe Saldana, the half Dominican Republic and half Puerto Rican is one of my favorite style icons that doesn’t always receive the recognition I believe she is deserved. To me, Saldana makes every day look good… no matter what she is in. This Queens bred actress knows how to style herself appropriately.
I see Zoe‘s street style as the chic girl next door. It’s the look you would see any girl in but its something about the simplicity of her looks that makes it even more chic. I call her the edit queen! She is never overdone which allows her natural beauty to shine through.
When Zoe gets ready for the red carpet she is transformative. She’s sometimes whimsical, edgy, feminine but always chic. She can pull off just about anything.
Now as a glowing mommy to be her fashion does not change. She is still fashion forward.
What are some of your favorite looks from Zoe?
Rest in Peace Dr. Maya Angelou
With the passing of the extraordinary and phenomenal woman Dr. Maya Angelou, I felt it only right to dedicate this Throwback Thursday Tribute to her.
Her style and grace was unparalleled. She captivated people with more than just the fashions she wore… she captivated the world with her intelligence, her poise and the way she was able to deliver words so eloquently.
Here are just a few of my favorite quotes, statements and poems from the global renaissance warrior Dr. Maya Angelou. Her legacy will live on.
“You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.”
“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”
Still I Rise
You may write me down in history With your bitter, twisted lies, You may trod me in the very dirt But still, like dust, I’ll rise. Does my sassiness upset you? Why are you beset with gloom? ‘Cause I walk like I’ve got oil wells Pumping in my living room. Just like moons and like suns, With the certainty of tides, Just like hopes springing high, Still I’ll rise. Did you want to see me broken? Bowed head and lowered eyes? Shoulders falling down like teardrops, Weakened by my soulful cries? Does my haughtiness offend you? Don’t you take it awful hard ‘Cause I laugh like I’ve got gold mines Diggin’ in my own backyard. You may shoot me with your words, You may cut me with your eyes, You may kill me with your hatefulness, But still, like air, I’ll rise. Does my sexiness upset you? Does it come as a surprise That I dance like I’ve got diamonds At the meeting of my thighs? Out of the huts of history’s shame I rise Up from a past that’s rooted in pain I rise I’m a black ocean, leaping and wide, Welling and swelling I bear in the tide. Leaving behind nights of terror and fear I rise Into a daybreak that’s wondrously clear I rise Bringing the gifts that my ancestors gave, I am the dream and the hope of the slave. I rise I rise I rise.
“Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.”
“We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.”
And of course I had to add the woman’s anthem:
Eartha Kitt – Singer, Actress, Dancer, and Cabaret Star
“Even as a child, I found a way to survive.” – Eartha Kitt
One of my favorite quotes from the legendary Eartha Kitt. Seeing her survive and thrive from her troubled upbringing gave me inspiration that I too can become something great… no matter where you’ve come from.
She personified sex as the legendary Catwoman during the third and final season of the 1960s Batman television series.
Eartha had many career peaks and won multiple awards for her performances on film, television and stage work. This enticing lady also received the Hollywood Star in 1960.
Eartha Kitt was also known for her activism. “She established the Kittsville Youth Foundation, a chartered and non-profit organization for underprivileged youth in the Watts area of Los Angeles.” Read more HERE.
One of my favorite modern day roles of Eartha Kitt was in the movie Boomerang from 1992 as Lady Eloise. Too funny!!
I love this woman! She’s sexy, smart, extremely talented and unique. Her legacy will continue to live on.