Ok… before I begin, let me preface by stating:
yes… I am newly married, yes… I’m all in love and yes this is a gushy celebration to my husband on his 41st birthday. NOW, if you want to read on, do so at your own risk! LOL
The man I married turns 41 today and I choose to celebrate by sharing 15 of my 41 reasons, special moments, and poetic phrases on why I love him so and thank God daily for allowing our paths to cross. (I’m sharing only 15 with the public and he gets the rest… I’m sure you are thankful of this! LOL)
1. November 7th, 2014 The day we met! He was so persistent in capturing me that he turned his couple hours visit into 4 days until he got my number and has now married me! Thank God for my husbands persistence!
2. His thoughtfulness. This man is truly made for me. The way he chose to speak with my granny prior to me when wanting to make me his for life is one of the sweetest things he has done.
3. Witty sense of humor. “Boom… ch ch ch” Only he and a select few will get this so I decided to share the video for more laughs! (He truly thinks he’s one of the worlds best break dancers and I will support his thoughts with smiles and laughs)
4. His love for family. From being a devoted and loving father to the protector of the family and ensuring those values are shared with my family as well is another reason I celebrate him.
5. His smile. CHEEEEEESE!
6. The provider. He is a diligent worker and as I travel over the road with him, I see more and more of his strong work ethic and desire to provide for his family. Even when he’s so tired of working he falls asleep in the chair, at the restaurant or wherever he can get some rest!
7. He is the joy-bringer! From jokes to dancing to being playful in public, he always finds a way to make me smile.
8. His love for children. I remember the second weekend we spent together and he was at my granny house talking with the kids in the house while others were outdoors having fun, I thought to myself… “this is a man I could marry. I love the way he entertains and listens to children”
9. His poetry. The first poem of many he has written for me:
“Good morning my sunshine, the stars that light up my sky, the apple of my eye, the one who caught me by surprise not just with your curves but with your words. You are my mind orgasm, my haley’s comet, most importantly you are my friend and just to think of you is like the gentle wind, that touches me from within.”
10. I celebrate his willingness to love me through my stubborn, Ms. Independent, I don’t need a man attitude and bring out the best in me.
11. His talks with his sons. Overhearing the conversations he has to teach them how to be gentlemen with many things is so awesome but particularly love the conversation of being a gentlemen by opening doors for women and the reasons why it should be done.
12. His obedience to God’s will. Seeing first hand he putting his thoughts aside to follow God’s plan is awe-inspiring and allows me to trust him with me as his wife.
13. He prays over and for me. Each day since we’ve met, we have prayed together in the morning, giving praise and asking for guidance over our union. Just two days ago at 6 am, as I was laying in his arms, my legs intertwined with his, with my eyes shut I heard this prayer
“My Heavenly Father, thank you. Thank you Lord for blessing me with my beautiful, wonderful, patient and loving wife. Thank you so much God for her. Even on dark rainy days, it’s beautiful because I have her.” Then he kissed me softly and repeatedly on my forehead and laid for another 10-15 minutes before awakening me with the words of “good morning my love, my beautiful sunshine!”
15. He chose me! So thankful each day that he chose me to spend the rest of his life with.
Happy Birthday Honey!
Celebrate your loved ones in any way you see fit… just do it while they are still here.