Ten points to help brand ______Inc!
Fill in the blank with your name:-) Kisha INC!
1. Know your brand (Determine what your brand is…Who are you and what do you represent)
2.Create it! Take a lesson from KLL 2 (Write it down, make it plain & clear so you can run with it!)
3. Put it out there! Share it with the world! (No one will ever know the greatness you have to offer if you don’t ever share it to the world! Utilize your free marketing opportunities via social media and networking)
Just to name a few great social media platforms:
4. Look to grow smart versus fast!… Trust, it will last much longer:-)
Take a cue from Wonderland Bakery. It’s been stated “The Wonderland team took the brand from a sparkling logo to a comprehensive fairytale theme complete with a group of fantastical characters. That set the stage for a very memorable brand that ignites all the senses,”
5. Research those that excel in Personal Branding. It’s always great to review those who’ve been successful and apply lessons from them!
Some top Personal Brands I can think of are:
6. Live, Breathe and Manage your brand daily! Lisa Quast stated it best: “Don’t create a mismatched brand by conveying different or competing attributes in various social media outlets, such as tweeting negative opinions about gowns worn at the Oscars and posting comments on LinkedIn about your vacation when you’re trying to brand yourself as a savvy cross-functional project team leader. Doing so will create audience confusion about who you are and what you do.”
7. What’s your niche? (what are you offering that currently is a void in the marketplace?)
8. Maintain it once created (keep people interested in you as a brand. Why do they want you? What’s new, exciting and interesting to share about you as the brand? Being YOU Inc is an everyday task!) Don’t let your brand go stale.
9. Find a good mentor! We are all in this together. Never feel you are alone. Reach out to those successful in personal branding and ask for guidance, support and accountability.
10. Remain true to you! Always choose to be authentic!
If you have any additional tips in personal branding please share!